Monday, January 24, 2011

Bad News

Sic Transit Gloria Eddy
My Latin's pretty rusty but that should translate as, "So passes the glory of Eddy". When I went to bed last night,  all was right in my world, I was going to put up a small progress post this morning that Eddy's treatment was starting to work, for the first time since the 29th his poo had turned red brown and was the consistency of a cow flop, which weird as it sounds was HUGE.  A few minutes ago I received word Eddy went to sleep and didn't wake up. At the moment details are sketchy due to telephone problems, bad roads and floods. I just know he wasn't alone when he passed, he wasn't with his Mother, but he most definitely was not alone. Eddy's short time here has changed a lot of people lives, brought strangers together, created bonds of friendship that seem strong
For all of those who have been directly or indirectly involved in Eddy's story, I want to say thank you on his behalf, from the bottom of my heart .
Good-bye Eddy, forever dream, of your Momma's gentle touch,  of tall green grass, clean pools of cool water with silky mud bottoms, trees covered with tender young leaves, and take your place, running with the big bulls from long ago, let the earth quietly tremble as you pass.
I'll post more just as soon as I hear it!



Chris

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this sad news, Chris. Thank you to everyone for the efforts to help this little guy ... I know you and everyone involved gave everything you could ... my thoughts are with you & all the people whose lives he touched ... I know he touched mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Eddy. My wrinkly little bodhisattva. My heart is sore. I hope someday you will come dance in a dream. Til then, happy trails my little pachyderm pal. I will always remember. And I will never be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss the cool gentle touch of his trunk on my face and the deep rumble of his voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We weep with you. He was strong and he fought and wasn't strong enough. We fell in love with Eddy through your updates. Thank you for sharing with us all so that we could cheer you on and hold vigil for the little guy. Thank you for doing everything you possibly could to save him. Sleep well knowing that you did your very best and answered a call for aid with all your resources.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sad. :( Been following this from day 1 and I, along with so many others, thought for sure Eddy was going to pull through. May we all see him at Rainbow Bridge:
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

    Author unknown...

    ReplyDelete